Descendants of Phillip Jakob Zollinger and Katharina Schmidt
Phillip Jakob Zollinger was born in 1805 in Bobingen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany, the son of Johann Jakob Zollinger and Klara Winckemann. He married Katharina Schmidt in 1836 in Bobingen. She was born in 1809 in Duttweiler, Rheinland-Pfalz, daughter of Sebastion Schmidt. They emigrated to the United States, possibly as early as 1842, first to Chenango, New York. By 1860, they had settled in Dodge County, Wisconsin, where Phillip worked as a farmer. Phillip died in 1888.
- Descendants of Phillip Jakob Zollinger and Katharina Schmidt
- Ancestors of Phillip Jakob Zollinger – including Winckelmann, Hoffmann, Lung, Voltz, Suter and Hauser
- George Sollinger, immigrant ancestor – from Almanac of Immigrant Ancestors, by Betsy Thal Gephart, 2013
- An Illustrated History of Baker, Grant, Malheur and Harney Counties, 1902 – from Google Books
I can’t possibly share all of my family photographs here. Instead, I’ve chosen a select few favorites, mainly group photos. More pictures, particularly of individuals, can be found through my Thal-Gephart Family Tree accessible through my Ancestry profile. I am always looking for more pictures. If you have any to share, please contact me.
- California Mystery Photos – from the collection of Chester and Margaret Sollinger Long
- Sollinger Mystery Photos
Frank and probably Al Sollinger, Hosea and Charles Guernsey, ca. 1895
L to R: Hosea Guernsey, Frank Sollinger, Charles Guernsey, Al Sollinger
George Sollinger and family, ca. 1905. Photo courtesy of Kay Davis.
Standing (L to R): Frank Sollinger, Caroline Sollinger Sproul, George E. Sollinger, Albert Sollinger, Maggie Sollinger Guernsey, John Sollinger
Seated (L to R): Elmer Sollinger, Catherine Herberger Sollinger, George Sollinger, Eldon Sollinger
Children of Albert and Mittie Wiseman Sollinger, ca. 1917.
Margaret Sollinger, standing behind chair, Dee Sollinger, seated, holding Edwin, and Dorothy standing on the left. Missing – Forrest Sollinger. Why?