Descendants of Samuel Reichman and Hani Atlasz
Samuel Reichman, son of Yehuda Leib, was born in Slovakia ca. 1798 and worked as a produce trader. He died in Bartfeld, Hungary (now Bardejov, Slovakia) in 1894. Hani Atlasz was born in Bartfeld ca. 1818, the daughter of Kalman Atlasz. She died in Bartfeld in 1901.
- Descendants of Samuel Reichman and Hani Atlasz
- Samuel Richman, immigrant ancestor – from Almanac of Immigrant Ancestors, by Betsy Thal Gephart, 2013
- Betty Robinson – related through marriage to Richard Schwartz
- Remembering the HolocaustThe photo above is Shlomo Thal, born in 1904 in Valdemarpils, Latvia. This photo is particularly powerful for me as it looks so much like my own grandfather, born the same year. Shlomo and my grandfather were second cousins. Shlomo was killed in Riga, Latvia, in 1941. He was 37. On this Yom HaShoah, I’dContinue reading “Remembering the Holocaust”
- Discovering Aunt BelleMy grandmother, Evelyn Schwartz Thal, used to visit her “Aunt Belle” every time she vacationed in New York City. My father even remembers stopping in to say “hello” to her at Bergdorf’s. But years ago, when I was asking questions, it was unclear to my grandmother whether her Aunt was her mother’s sister or sister-in-law.Continue reading “Discovering Aunt Belle”
- An Olympic ConnectionI absolutely love this picture. I found it for sale online a few years ago – a newspaper photo by Ell Sampson for the Chicago Daily Times, taken November 29, 1939, just before my grandmother’s brother, Dick Schwartz, married the Olympic track star, Betty Robinson. On the back of the photo, “These two people haveContinue reading “An Olympic Connection”
I can’t possibly share all of my family photographs here. Instead, I’ve chosen a select few favorites, mainly group photos. More pictures, particularly of individuals, can be found through my Thal-Gephart Family Tree accessible through my Ancestry profile. I am always looking for more pictures. If you have any to share, please contact me.
Dorothy Richman Schwartz, ca. 1922, Cleveland, Ohio. Photographer – Vayana.