Harrison Hughes was born in Kentucky in 1814, and married Mary Ann Prather in Bath County, Kentucky in 1832. She was born in Kentucky ca. 1812, the daughter of Jeremiah Prather and Ann McGinnis. By 1840, they had settled in Putnam County, Indiana, where Harrison worked as a manufacturer and trader. He died in Putnam County in 1850. Mary Ann married William Nikleson in nearby Owen County in 1862. She passed away in 1876.
- Descendants of Harrison Hughes and Mary Ann Prather
- Ancestors of Mary Ann Prather – including McGinnis, Odell, Nuthall, Sprigg, Griffin and Bacon
- John Nuthall, immigrant ancestor – from Almanac of Immigrant Ancestors, by Betsy Thal Gephart, 2013
- Thomas Prather, immigrant ancestor – from Almanac of Immigrant Ancestors, by Betsy Thal Gephart, 2013
- Thomas Sprigg, immigrant ancestor – from Almanac of Immigrant Ancestors, by Betsy Thal Gephart, 2013
- Weik’s History of Putnam County, Indiana, by Jesse W. Weik, 1910 – from Internet Archive
I can’t possibly share all of my family photographs here. Instead, I’ve chosen a select few favorites, mainly group photos. More pictures, particularly of individuals, can be found through my Thal-Gephart Family Tree accessible through my Ancestry profile. I am always looking for more pictures. If you have any to share, please contact me.
Alvy, Claude and Maude Hughes, ca. 1899
Photographer: Eppert & Son
Children of William and Hannah Martin Hughes, ca. 1888
L to R: Lou Etta, Alvy, Margaret, Lenna Clyde and Hattie Hughes.