Samuel Gephart was born in 1819 in Montgomery County, Ohio, the son of Andrew Gebhart and Catharine Miller. In 1837, he married Sarah Leffler in Decatur County, Indiana. She was born in 1820 in Butler County, Ohio, the daughter of Solomon Leffler and Margaret Reed. Samuel worked as a farmer and wagonmaker, and served in the 54th Indiana Infantry in the Civil War. He died in St. Louis, Missouri in 1863 during his military service. In 1869, Sarah married Temple Stuart and moved with him to Lincoln County, Missouri, where she died in 1887.
- Descendants of Samuel Gephart and Sarah Leffler
- Ancestors of Samuel Leonard Gephart – including Gebhart, Miller, Haag, Massa, and Bechtel
- Ancestors of Sarah Leffler – including Reed, Reidt, Rieth, Lebo and Pennock
- Johann Georg Philip Gebhart, immigrant ancestor – from Almanac of Immigrant Ancestors, by Betsy Thal Gephart, 2013
- The Pennocks of Primitive Hall, by George Valentine Massey II, 1951 – from HathiTrust
- Finding Revolutionary AncestorsIt being Fourth of July weekend, thoughts naturally turn to 1776 and the Revolutionary War. What were our North American ancestors doing at that time? How many were directly involved? Even if proving descent from a Revolutionary War ancestor is not your goal, it is still fascinating to try to discover more about what theseContinue reading “Finding Revolutionary Ancestors”
- History of Chester County, Pennsylvania, by J.Smith Futhey and Gilbert Cope, 1881 – from Google Books
- Primitive Hall Foundation – A Historic Manor House in Chester County, Pennsylvania
I can’t possibly share all of my family photographs here. Instead, I’ve chosen a select few favorites, mainly group photos. More pictures, particularly of individuals, can be found through my Thal-Gephart Family Tree accessible through my Ancestry profile. I am always looking for more pictures. If you have any to share, please contact me.
Gephart family photo, 1939, in front of Maude Davis home in Greenfield, Indiana. Can you help identify more of those in the picture?
Back row (L to R): 5 – Edith Gephart, 6 – Doris Gephart
Middle row (L to R): Jesse Gephart, Mary Gephart, Vinnie Marvin Gephart
Front row (L to R): Omery Gephart, ?, ?, ?, Barbara Gephart, Addie Blanks Gephart, Ethel Gephart